Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
In the 2007 Rob Reiner film The Bucket List, Jack Nicholson’s character Edward quips “We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.”
While such a quote certainly does not serve up the kind of motivation commonly associated with tackling a bucket list, it does highlight why having one is important at all. It is because we are here for such a short amount of time on this planet. And it is a bucket list that can ensure we savor every moment.
Not yet convinced? Here are 5 reasons why you should create your own bucket list:
- Build a legacy – Imagine younger generations looking back at your life and being inspired by all that you accomplished because you created a bucket list and set out to check off as many items as possible.
- Stay more active – Going after your goals requires some work on your part. The result is a more active mind and body. Another positive benefit of creating that bucket list.
- Feel accomplished – When was the last time you felt proud to have accomplished a task important to you? Bucket lists provide a sense of accomplishment on a regular basis and will expand what you believe what you can accomplish.
- Creates excitement – Imaging the feelings conjured up when planning for your dream vacation. Bucket lists continue that feeling as you look forward to checking off the next item on your list.
- Become more focused – Life can be distracting and if you’re not careful, weeks, month, and even years can pass by in a blink of an eye. Bucket lists create a sense of urgency and focus, allowing you to accomplish more in a shorter period.
If you are ready to create your bucket list, keep the following ideas in mind:
- Prioritize – Group items in order of importance to you. Then focus on the most important objectives first to make sure those receive the most attention from you.
- Be specific – Detailed goals are more likely to be accomplished than less specific objectives. For example, if you are a hiker, don’t list “hike more often”. Instead, put something like “hike the Appalachian Trail”.
- Keep adding – Your bucket list should be never ending and is a great place to track all things you want to accomplish in life; big or small.
- Include steps – Some bucket list items might require smaller objectives be achieved first. For example, if climbing Mt. Everest is a goal, adding smaller goals will help you.
Perhaps the most important thing to keep in mind when creating your bucket list is to HAVE FUN! After all, a bucket list shouldn’t be treated as a to-do list, but rather as a can’t-wait-to-do list.
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here’s what you can do.
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- Medicaid Unwinding: Your Questions Answered
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year’s Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Common Exercise Pains – How to Work Past Them and When to Call for Help
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- How to Choose an In-Home Care Provider for Your Loved One in 5 Steps
- 2020 Commencement Speech Quotes for All of Us
- Is Fasting a Fad?
- 3 Vegetables You Can Plant and Grow Anywhere Right Now!
- Summer is Almost Here! Can a Couch-to-5k Running Program Get You Ready?
- Special Needs Child? Consider Survivorship Life Insurance
- The Case(s) to Buy Life Insurance for Your Child
- The Safest Vehicles to Buy in Model Year 2020